Becoming an Anti-Racist Activist
Orientation: Week 1
- To introduce and clarify workshop history, format, agenda, principles, and expectations so that participants fully understand the process and their commitment to it.
- To provide the space and basis for introductions among participants so that familiarity is established and a foundation for working together in solidarity can occur.
- To introduce guidelines for respectful behavior that participants will use in the workshop, and that can be used in their grassroots political work.
- To nourish participants' visions of an anti-racist, social justice society which can strengthen their commitment to doing anti-racist organizing in grassroots political movements for the long haul.
- Welcome; Introduction of Workshop Leadership
- Herstories of the Institute for MultiRacial Justice and CWS
- Introduction of Participants
- Workshop Guidelines
- CWS Workshop Goals
- What is the CWS Workshop? Agenda, format, homework, community work, next week's homework Questions
- Hold on to Your Visions
- Workshop as a Laboratory
- Introducing Practice and Model Respectful Behavior
- Framing purposes of small groups of white activists
- Telling our Stories of how we became grassroots activists
- Frame and Practice "Active Listening"
- Introduce "Pair n' Share" for Active Listening
- Discussion and Questions
- Evaluation: Constructive Criticism is an Act of Love
BARA home ¦ BARA Week 2 >>