Becoming an Anti-Racist Activist
Colonialism, Imperialism and Indigenous Resistance: How Mother Earth Became a Piece of Real Estate Week 3
- To understand that theft of indigenous land and the destruction of native nations are foundations of the U.S. white supremacy system and of the United States as a nation.
- To understand that land is the material, political and spiritual basis for a people to see themselves as a people.
- To develop an experientially-based analysis of the relationship between land as real estate and the legacy of 300 years of affirmative action for white people.
- To remember the ways in which a relationship to the land is still fundamental to our lives today, and to our present relationship to the U.S. white supremacy system.
- Introduction and Nourishing the Spirit go around
- Framing Today's Agenda
- Hold on to Your Visions
- A Time Line: Land Theft and Affirmative Action
- "What was this exercise like for you?"
- Evaluation: Constructive Criticism is an Act of Love
BARA Week 2 ¦ BARA Week 4 >>